Thursday, January 12, 2012

Quick and Easy Semi Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

I haven't made chicken pot pie for dinner in such a long time but it has always been a fave with the family. Anything that gets kid approval always gets an A in book. Yes I know that chicken pot pie isn't the healthiest meal but the temperature is expected to drop drastically tonight due to our 1st snow of the winter so I thought why not make something just perfect for cold weather. I call this semi homemade chicken pot pie because well....it is. Makes me feel so Sandra Lee-ish.

All you need is Chicken Broth, a family size can of Cream of Chicken Soup, Mixed Veggies, Bisquick. Oh and let's not forget (in my french speaking voice) the piece of resistance..the chicken.



I really like my chicken shredded in pot pie. I've tried it different ways with shredded chicken being the leader of the pack. I prepare my chicken breast by poking holes in the breast to allow seasonings to marinate throughout the chicken then I season it with salt, pepper and a little onion powder. Now I marinate it in the refrigerator for about 1hour. Of course, I washed the chicken before the prep. Then I pour about 1/2 of the chicken broth in a stock pot and boil the chicken. I diluted the broth with a little water but you do not have to add this step.

After the broth comes to a boil go ahead and drain the chicken and allow it to cool to the point of handling. Once cooled enough for you go ahead and pull the chicken apart with a fork. I always use two forks for this process. One to hold and one to pull.



Now you can put the cream of chicken, veggies and chicken in a glass dish about 9x9 in size. Sit the mixture aside and make up a batch of bisquick. I guesstimate the amount here so you'll have to play around with how much to use for your liking. Now just pour the bisquick mixture on top of the pot pie mixture.



Place your meal in the oven until bisquick is golden this can take approximately 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.





Last step! Call the family down to dinner. Let me know what you think? What's your favorite cold weather meal?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...