Since it is still the month of love, let's talk about it shall we? For years I used to hear people say that St. Valentine's Day was a made up holiday for card companies just to sell more cards. Well doing my research that's far from the truth. Yes the day was really observed for Saint Valentine (which you can research yourself). For your sake I won't teach history class today ;-) and actually they say that the 1st Valentine was made in the 1400's and the 1st one to be printed and sold was created in the 1850's waaaaay before Hallmark. So now that we have that out of the way. Lets talk love and how to express it without breaking the bank since a lot of us are still recovering from Christmas. These are Yanli Home's:
- One of my favorite things to do is leave little love notes around the house where your love will find them. Tell your love how much they are appreciated.
- If you always make dinner. Make it special this Valentine's Day. If you normally eat with your entire family. Try feeding them a little earlier and setup a dinner for two with candle light and soft music.
- Your love may like things that have nothing to do with romance but it may make them smile just because you gave it from your heart. I remember one year when hubby and I were dating all I wanted was a new vacuum for my apartment and I got it. I had a Happy Valentine's Day that year. hehe.
- Draw your love a bath and when they are all relaxed continue with a nice massage to knead all of their troubles from the day away.
- Ice Cream Sundae's for two with all the fixins. It will be even better if you make them yourself.
- One year when the girls were smaller after we put them to bed again here comes the candlelight and soft music. I surprised hubby with chocolate strawberries and Champagne. So romantic.
- I'm not sure what part of the world you live in but if the weather's nice right now, take advantage of it and go for a nice walk. Totally free and loads of quality time together.
- Turn on the tunes and dance, dance, dance. Your in total control of the genre.
- Dedicate a song to your love on the radio.
- This time of year you can also put a small valentine shout out in your local newspaper.
No one ever said that you have to break the bank to show your love. Besides love should be celebrated each day that you awaken. Valentine's Day just helps us to remember why you fell in love in the first place. If you have kids don't forget about them share your love by making Valentine's together and exchanging them. I've gathered lots of ideas over the years at the Family Fun website with my kids and they've always loved them.
What Valentine's Day plans do you have for you and the one(s) you love?