Monday, February 27, 2012

Honey Do! (Mudroom)

How many of you have a honey do list? You know. Honey I would love it if you could do this or Honey I would love it if you could do that? Technically in this particular case my plan was to do it all myself but I didn't have the craftsmanship to do what hubby has done so far plus I think he may have gotten tired of hearing me say what I had plans to do but I didn't have time or money to do what I wanted.

If anyone follows me here. You may already know that I've had future plans of someday creating a mudroom in our home because I've always wanted one but we just didn't have the space for it. One day I thought why not create one right where our entryway closet is. All sorts of visions danced in my head.

What once was a junky coat closet. Is now turning into a beautiful vision. Sorry Joe wasn't messing around before I could take an actual before photo he'd already removed most of our stuff. Mostly everything was removed at this point. There was so much more in here including a shelf with tons of hats, gloves, scarves etc.


So far we've taken down the doors and emptied the closet completely. Hubs removed the doors and put up paneling that will be painted eventually by yours truly. He installed this really nice light for cloudy days or night time when we are coming or going.

 The best part is the bench that will also be painted and decored with nice pillows cost us nothing at all it was once a storage trunk that Joe had in the Army. He did a little trimming with his saw and Voila! It was in his parents basement just waiting to become a part of our family can you believe that they were about to throw it out?

Here is stage 2 of the process. Here you can gradually see the art taking place.

He even added decorative trim that gives the new storage space definition. This space will store the girls backpacks and any of our outdoor things like shoes, etc.

Well this is what we have completed so far but before I go. Here is a pic of the space when the new light is lit.

 I just wanted to take you along this journey with us. So fun. I've helped out a little bit using Joe's staple and nail gun here and there but the real work for me hasn't come yet. Stay tuned for updates.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Delicia,
    This project is certainly going well. All the very best to you and your husband. I am a new follower.
    Judy - JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy! So nice to meet you and thank you so much for your comments and for following. Come back soon for the progress we're making.

      Delete
  2. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Mudroom is Beautiful you did a great job.I know it was a Lots of work you both did a wonderful job.I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my new Victorian Tablescape. Hope you and your family have a wonderful week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane. Thanks for your sweet comments there's still so much to complete :)

      Delete
  3. wow ! look at that transformation..am inspired. The storage space is a brilliant idea too.

    glad to have found you at the 7 way hop. Your newest follower and a regular visitor now.
    Cheers,
    Kajal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kajal! So nice to meet you and thanks for your very kind comments as well as for the follow.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...